Temporary permits are issued for trucks, truck-tractors, trailers and motor buses, owned by
nonresidents, which are properly
registered in their home state
for the current year and are operating in Oklahoma on a temporary basis not to exceed
ninety (90) days.
Questions concerning issuance requirements should be directed to Motor Vehicle Enforcement at
- Oklahoma owned trucks on which the farm registration has been paid for the
current year may register on a temporary basis not to exceed ninety (90)
- The vehicle is used during grain harvest or other seasonal farming activities for
hauling farm products other than his/her own; or
- For hauling gravel, shale or other road materials for rural roads.
- Trucks and truck-tractors registered in another state, but to be used in the harvest in
Oklahoma may obtain a 30-, 60-, or 90-day Harvest Permit.
- The fee charged is the fee listed on the Temporary Permit Rate Chart for the 30-,
60-, or 90-day temporary permit for the applicable laden weight requested.
- Trailers used in harvest and registered in another jurisdiction are not subject
to registration in Oklahoma.
The laden weight requested by the applicant
is to be listed on the temporary permit. In
addition, the owner's name, vehicle description, permit issued date, expiration date
and permit period (30,60,90 days) are to be shown on the permit.