Semiramis is a family owned and operated company.
Mr. Zuhayr Ramadan, also known as Abu Saadi, established Semiramis pastries in 1956. At nineteen, Mr. Ramadan was already considered a master in his field. His first shop was located in the old city quarter of Damascus. Later, Mr. Ramadan moved to the Salhieh Market before settling in the current location on Abu-Rumanneh in 1978. In 1995 Mr. Ramadan rebuilt the shop from the ground up, reopening in 1998. A nearby state of the art factory was completed in 2000.
His commitment and dedication to quality earned him the reputation as one of the finest pastry makers in the Middle East.
Mr. Ramadan's sons have continued to manage all aspects of the business. His sons have kept true to their heritage and family tradition of quality and excellence, expanding the reputation of Semiramis throughout the world.
Semiramis is considered the "Gold Standard" among its peers.